While diet plays a significant role in the way the skin looks, natural remedies can also help give you glowing skin and reduce the appearance of wrinkles. One of those remedies is the eye cream with frankincense essential oil and shea butter.
Why Do We Age
Skin aging is a very complex biological process affected by a combination of factors, according to the journal Dermato-Endocrinology,
- Hormone and metabolic processes
- Chronic light exposure
- Cellular metabolism
- Ionizing radiation
These factors lead to progressive changes in the skin layers and the appearance of the skin, particularly the skin areas exposed to the sun. Reduced collagen type VII often contributes to wrinkles, as it weakens the link between the epidermis and dermis as we age. Loss of collagen makes the older skin look irregular, particularly on the face and around the eyes.
Why Use Natural Skin Care Products?
As natural oils are free of toxic ingredients, they can be absorbed both effectively and safely- moisturizing your skin and reducing the appearance of wrinkles.
This cream works by allowing nutrients and proteins from the essential oils like frankincense oil to stimulate cell regeneration. Frankincense oil is a very potent astringent, which means that it helps protect the skin cells.
It can be safely used to treat acne blemishes, prevent and treat wrinkles, reduce the appearance of large pores, and tighten the skin to slow the signs of aging. For the best anti-wrinkle cream ever, give this homemade eye cream a try!
Best Anti-Aging Eye Cream
Total Time: 15 minutes
Serves: 30 uses
- 1-ounce unrefined shea butter
- 1-ounce unrefined coconut oil
- 1-ounce pure aloe vera gel
- ½ teaspoon vitamin E
- 10 drops frankincense essential oil
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl
- Heat the shea butter and coconut oil in a pan ( if needed)
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blend them together
- Transfer the mixture to a glass jar, once well blended
- Use it every morning and every night around the eyes